6. The Becoming

Materials: Colored pencil on a large sketch pad.
Process: The images come from reference photos I took and drawings in my sketchbook. Much of this was drawn by using my sketchbook and piece on my window, working as a light table.
Ideas: The song “The Becoming” is about the main character being (at least emotionally) transformed into a machine. I tried to portray the contrast between human and machine, especially as the main character feels he is ripped apart as he is being replaced with mechanical parts. A few lyrics incorporated into the piece are “made up of wires”, “covered with scabs”, “I could try to get away / But I strap myself in”, and “...this noise inside my head”. The song uses a 13/8 time signature, which I visually reflected by dividing the piece into 13 sections (including the corners) with 8 lines.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1. Concept Page

Progress