4. Piggy

 Materials: Done on a large sketch pad with black colored pencil.

Process: The person is based on a reference photo I took of myself. Most time on this piece was spent drawing each insect.

Ideas: Since “Piggy” has some of the most abstract lyrics of the album, I tried to focus the piece on the sonic and emotional aspects of the song. The song is simple compositionally, so I tried to make the piece understated and simple. The song is about the character detaching themselves from reality and the song itself uses white noise in the chorus to reflect this (this is all my interpretation). To have the same effect, I reincorporated the idea of insects from the last piece, but this time they form a wall of visual white noise.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1. Concept Page

Progress