2. Planning Page

Materials: Drawn with pencil in my sketchbook.

Processes: This was done as an extended brainstorming session which allowed me to plan out what each piece will look like. Each box represents a song on the album and the ones where I did not have an idea are left blank.

Ideas: This page is how I figured out how I would tell the very loose narrative of the album; like the lyrics, the art revolves around one character, but his surroundings are abstract and based in emotion rather than literal reality. This page also helped me establish some recurring ideas for the album; insects are incorporated into many of the pieces, the menacing mouth in the first piece contrasts with a later more comforting  piece that will resemble an eye, the main character’s eyes are crossed out to represent loss of identity and derealizarion, etc. The narrative of the album portrays a tortured and mentally ill protagonist falling into complete madness.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1. Concept Page

Progress